Super Quesadillas – Recipe from Bright Start
- 8 10″ flour tortillas
- 1/2 cup of canned, refried beans
- 1 very loosely packed cup of pre-washed, baby spinach leaves
- Assorted cooked veggies like zucchini, bell peppers and onions (optional)
- 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- About 2 Tbsp. butter, softened
- Sour cream, salsa, or guacamole for dipping
- Heat a cast iron or non-stick pan over medium high heat.
- Butter one side of four tortillas, and set aside.
- Spread a layer of refried beans on another four tortillas, and set aside.
- Place a tortilla, butter side down, in the hot pan. Evenly sprinkle ¼ cup of cheese on top. Then, add a single layer of baby spinach leaves on top of the cheese. Add veggies on top of the spinach. Place a bean tortilla (bean side down) on top to finish the “sandwich.” Cook for about 1 more minute.
- Flip the quesadilla, and let the bean layer warm through (about 1-2 more minutes). When the cheese begins to melt out the sides, and the spinach looks a bit wilted, the quesadilla is done. Remove from the pan and place on a plate.
- Repeat with other ingredients.
- Cut each quesadilla into pie-shaped triangles, and serve with optional dips