Paper Leprechaun Hat
This paper leprechaun hat is a great craft to make with your kids! As you make it you can tell them a story about
Leprechauns are magic creatures that are guardians of an ancient treasure that they bury in large pots at the end of the rainbow. According to the legend, if a human catches a leprechaun, the leprechaun will promise great wealth if you set him free. But be careful – if you take your eye off him he will vanish! It’s a great story and kids love it. Afterwards, go on a leprechaun hunt wearing your paper leprechaun hat or play a great game of tag with one kid wearing the leprechaun hat and everyone trying to catch them! Have fun!
What you’ll need:
- Green, black, and yellow
- construction paper
- Green poster board
How to make your Paper Leprechaun Hat Craft
- Cut a head band out of the green poster board that is slightly larger than the child’s head.
- Cut a hat shape out of the green construction paper.
- Cut a 2 inch black strip. Glue onto the hat above the brim and trim the edges to align with the slant of the hat.
- Cut a yellow square that is slightly taller than the black strip. Cut the center out of the square leaving 1/4 of an inch boarder. Glue on the middle of the black strip.
- Tape the hat to the headband (it works better than gluing it).
- Tape or staple the head band so that it fits around the child’s head. Cut off any excess