Ears a sweet fall treat that’s great for a classroom or scout meeting – Marshmallow cobs filled with colorful fruit kernels.
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- 4 cups mini marshmallows
- 5 cups of puffed corn cereal
- 1 1/3 cups diced dried fruit (we used raisins, papaya, cranberries, and apricots)
- Popsicle Sticks
- Fruit leather
(Makes 15 treats)
- In a large pot, melt butter and mini marshmallows over low heat (about 5 minutes)
- Remove the mixture from the stove and use a wooden spoon to stir in puffed corn cereal and diced dried fruit. Allow the mixture to cool for about 10 minutes.
- Using buttered hands, shape each treat by pressing 1/3 cup of the mixture around a Popsicle stick. Add fruit leather husks to bottom of ear, slightly moistening them to help them stick in needed