Bright Start Newsletter – June 2009
- Easter Seals – now provides OT in the home for Greenville County. They DO accept BN Insurance and Medicaid. Referrals need to be sent to Columbia. They are only offering OT at this time, but working to provide Speech and Physical Therapy. The Therapists name is: Beth Smith.
- Easter Seals Contact info: Tami Adger, Director / 803-429-8474 (phone) 803-788-1307 (fax) or email at [email protected]
- We are trying to get children started with therapy ASAP. If there is not a provider available to start weekly therapy sessions, you can request an in home program/ consultative service. See Donna for more details.
- Personal Therapy – A physical therapy company that goes to home. Covers the Fountain Inn, Simpsonville, and Mauldin area.
- BabyTrac– Under the transition information, there is no longer a ‘Transition Plan Begin Date’. It now
reads ‘IFSP Begin Date’. This is the initial IFSP Date. If you already had this date recorded in the system, be sure to check and verify it is still there.
- For children that have Medicaid and receiving therapies, we need to tell parents to continue to request “Fee For Service” rather than managed care programs. We should NOT be doing any authorization for Medicaid kids. See Donna for more details.
- Monkey Joe’s Offers “Free Jump” sessions every last Wednesday of the month between 6:15pm – 7:15pm. Parents must let the workers there know that they are attending the “free jump” for special needs. Monkey Joes is located at 2437 Laurens Road, Greenville SC 29607. 864-675-9404