Salary: $0.00 /hour
Bright Start is currently seeking a full-time Early Interventionist to work in the Greenville/Spartanburg County areas. Early Interventionists provide intensive developmental instruction for parents/caregivers and their children with special needs. We assist families in helping children reach developmental milestones by building on the strengths of the family and child through home visits and individualized family training.
Minimum requirements for interested candidates are a Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood, Education, Psychology, or a related field, along with 1 year experience working with children from birth-3 years of age.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Assist the family of an eligible child in understanding the special needs of the child and enhancing the child’s development.
- Plan and implement developmentally appropriate activities in the child’s natural environments with the child and caregiver and facilitate learning about the child’s development within the family.
- Assists families in helping children reach developmental milestones.
- Perform home visits as outlined in treatment plans.
- Adhere to guidelines set forth by BabyNet and the SC Department of Disabilities and Special Needs.
- Ensure that services outlined in the child’s IFSP/FSP are rendered in accordance with the current program policy and that they include parent participation.
Qualifications and Skills
- Must possess a Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood, Child/Human Development, Psychology, Sociology, or a related field.
- Must have at least a year experience working with children from birth to three (3) years of age.
You have requested that Indeed ask candidates the following questions:
- How many years of birth to three work experience do you have?
- What is the highest level of education you have completed?
- Are you able to work in Charleston County, SC?
- Are you authorized to work in the following country: United States?
- Are you willing to undergo a background check, in accordance with local law/regulations?